Mechanical engineering, 3d printing and electrical engineering have played a very important role in the development of the robot waiter
Mechanical engineering, 3D printing and electrical engineering helped our team to develop a robot waiter
In today’s world, automation has become an integral part of various industries, and we are convinced that the restaurant industry should not be left out of this technological revolution.
Mechanical engineering, 3D printing and electrical engineering have played a major role in the development of the robot waiter.
The robot waiter is a modern technological innovation that can easily perform tasks that were previously the sole responsibility of the staff. It not only increases the efficiency of service, but also raises its quality to a new level. While retaining the warmth and personalized service provided by the human factor, the robot waiter offers a unique way to improve the customer experience for diners.
We believe that the implementation of our development will not only help to optimize service processes, but also to attract more guests who will appreciate the modern and innovative approach to hospitality.
Mechanical and Electrical engineering.
The development of the robot waiter includes a significant set of electronic components and mechanical engineering elements. All these elements are crucial for creating a functional and efficient assistant robot capable of performing various tasks in restaurant service, from taking orders to food delivery. The technical foundation and engineering solutions jointly ensure its functionality and reliability in serving customers.
The robot waiter consists of two main parts: the base and the upper part.
The base consists of:
- Round metal sheets (bottom (thickness 2mm) and middle (thickness 1mm)) with mounting holes and holes for wires.
- Bent metal plates for attaching swivel rollers and securing the middle plate (thickness 1mm).
- Main drive wheels with a diameter of 150mm and shafts for them.
- Welded metal part for attaching the main wheels, bearings, and motors (1mm thickness).
- Printed motor housing with a space for the battery.
- Plastic plugs for swivel rollers.
- Spring system for swivel rollers (profile 30x30x2mm, 25x25x2mm, mounting plate made of sheet metal (1mm), upper plate (2mm), and spring).
- Plastic housings for bearing fixation.
- Plastic rings with mounting holes (for attaching the bottom and top plates, as well as the upper part of the device to the base).
- Plastic supports for connecting plastic rings.
- 20x20mm machine profile with mounting angles for creating a more rigid structure.
- Window (compartment) for lidar with mounting holes.
- Plastic fasteners for securing the lidar compartment.
- Bolts M3, M4, M5 of various lengths and nuts M3, M4, M5.
- External housing that covers the internal part of the base.
- Welded structure from profile 15x15x1.8mm.
- Cladding made of sheet metal (1mm), bent around the frame.
- Lower round plate (2mm).
- Plastic parts for attaching the screen, camera, speakers, and acrylic panels.5. 3mm acrylic panel for the screen.
- Acrylic panel with the robot’s name (3mm) and illuminated letters.
- LED strip.
- Housing (channel) for LED strip on both sides.
- Acrylic cover (3mm).
- Bent acrylic plate for tray installation.
- Plastic fasteners for securing acrylic plates.
- Lower plastic ring for securing the LED strip and charging connector.
- Plastic cap for the charging connector.
- Plastic trays.
- Bolts M3, M4, M5 of various lengths and nuts M3, M4, M5.
Electrical Engineering Components.
- NEMA 34 motors with reducers.
- 12v LED strip.
- Arduino Mega2560 control board.
- 360° laser scanner RPLIDAR A1M8.
- Color touchscreen HDMI display for Raspberry Pi 1024×600 / 7”.
- TB6600 motor drivers.
- MPU6050 gyroscope.
- HMC5883L compass.
- VL53LOX laser distance sensor.
- Raspberry Pi4 4GB.
- Eachine 1000TVL Mini FPV Camera.
Advantages of Implementing a Robot Waiter:
The integration of a robot waiter into restaurant service offers several significant advantages:
Demonstrating Uniqueness and Human-Automation Harmony: Robot waiters showcase their uniqueness and ability to harmonize automation with human interaction. Instead of replacing staff, they complement them, freeing them from routine tasks and allowing them to focus on more important aspects of service.
- Precision and Efficiency: Robot waiters excel in performing tasks with high precision, such as taking orders and delivering dishes. They work swiftly and minimize errors, reducing customer wait times and elevating service levels.
- Assistance to Staff: Robot waiters handle physically demanding tasks like carrying and delivering heavy trays, relieving restaurant staff of routine duties. This enables restaurant employees to concentrate on more critical aspects of service and customer interaction.
- Creating a Unique Atmosphere: Modern design and technological capabilities of robot waiters can attract attention and make dining at the restaurant a unique and memorable experience. Robots create an innovative atmosphere that can lead to increased popularity for the establishment.
- Improved Efficiency and Service Quality: Through process automation, customer wait times are reduced, and order accuracy is enhanced. This contributes to an overall improvement in service quality, crucial for customer satisfaction.
- Customization Possibilities: Robot waiters are typically customizable and can be modified to meet the specific needs of a restaurant. For instance, additional features like multimedia screens for displaying menus, smart customer interaction systems, or the ability to serve larger parties can be added.
Technical Features of a Robot Waiter:
The technical features of a robot waiter play a crucial role in ensuring its successful performance in restaurant service. Here are some key technical characteristics that contribute to the effective operation of a robot waiter:
Navigation Systems: Robot waiters are usually equipped with various sensors and navigation systems, such as mapping sensors and tracking systems. These systems enable the robot to determine its position, detect obstacles, and create collision-free delivery routes.
- Smart Algorithms: Robot waiters employ intelligent algorithms for route planning, motion optimization, and control of various actions, such as order-taking and delivery.
3. Mechanical Components: A typical robot waiter is equipped with motors, gear reducers, and wheels for mobility. These components ensure precision and reliability in movement.
- Integration with Order Management: Robot waiters can be integrated with the restaurant’s order management system, allowing them to accept orders, send requests to the kitchen, and monitor order statuses.
- Safety: Safety is a critical feature, and robot waiters should have emergency braking and obstacle detection systems to avoid collisions with customers or objects.
- Energy Efficiency: Robot waiters often need to operate for extended periods without recharging, so their energy efficiency is vital.
All these technical characteristics combined allow the robot waiter to efficiently and reliably carry out its duties, including order-taking, navigating the restaurant, dish delivery, and interacting with customers. Implementing robot waiters in various restaurant settings presents numerous opportunities. A creative approach to their development and adaptation can make them an integral part of the restaurant industry, enriching the customer experience and enhancing service efficiency. Understanding the specifics of each restaurant environment and considering customer expectations can lead to success in this evolving field.